Why You Need to Update
Here are 7 reasons why updating your home’s plumbing is important:
- It makes things look new again. There is no reason why your old home needs to look old. New faucets and drains can make your bathrooms and kitchen look more modern and up to date.
- It is more hygienic. Older drains often do not let waste flow away efficiently. This can leave standing waste within inches of your drain opening. That is a breeding ground for bacteria and other microbes.
- It is better for the environment. Adding aerators to your faucets and replacing your old shower head with a low flow model will help reduce the amount of water you use drastically, which is environmentally sound.
- It is better for your wallet. While you are saving water, you are saving money at the same time. If you upgrade your old water heater for a new one, you can save on electrical or fuel costs also.
- It can prevent property damage. Old leaky pipes can do a lot of property damage if not repaired or replaced. Wood rot, a corroded foundation, and damaged drywall are just a few examples.
- It can improve the quality of your water. If you have lead pipe or galvanized steel pipe in your home, you likely have high levels of poisonous contamination in your drinking and cooking water.
- It can prevent indoor air quality issues. Many older homes have mold and mildew caused by leaky pipes. Mold spores are a major contributor to poor indoor air quality in many homes.
You can see why updating your plumbing is so important. If you want more advice on how to update your plumbing in an old house, contact a good plumber and trusted plumber near me Carlsbad Plumbing Company.